I could go on and on about the wonderful health benefits of turmeric (HUGE immunity booster - 5 to 8 times stronger than Vitamin E, stronger than Vitamin C, amaaaazing anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties etc etc) or I can tell you how to make this beautiful Turmeric and Coconut cake (dairy and egg free) and you can just get this good stuff in yo' belly without thinking twice!
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup semolina flour
⅔ cup sugar
1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 pinch of salt
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 ¾ cups coconut milk
whole dates or pistachios
PS - this is not a sweet cake. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar or use sweetened coconut milk..
PPS - this cake can be made without the semolina flour, add 3 cups of self raising flour and omit the baking powder.
PPS - i am not taking photos of every single step, I have faith in you..
1. Preheat oven to 175C
2. Grease a 30cmX20cmX5cm (approx) oven dish with vegetable oil (or tahini for a savoury taste)
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, desiccated coconut, sugar, turmeric, baking powder and salt
4. Add the vegetable oil and coconut milk and combine all ingredients well
5. Your mixture should look something like this:
6. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and use a spatula to evenly distribute the mixture
10. Because I like a sweet cake, that contains dairy, I poured some sweetened condensed milk over the mixture before popping it in the oven...true story. I am not sure this is allowed, but I did it.
Comments will be approved before showing up.